Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

A lonely hat at the Jade Temple
View from my hotel room at the Historic Caravelle Hotel

Vietnam War Museum

I had all of two hours to myself to walk around and explore Ho Chi Minh. Of Course, Of COURSE, a little old man talks me into taking a quick site seeing ride around the city on the front seat of his bike. This little man was 1/2 my size and lets just say I am jealous of the workout he got.
I had the opportunity to ride to the venue on my agents Motorcycle. I said my prayers. Traffic in Vietnam has no rules. Its a flow... Everyone goes 30 miles (except my agent...who proudly drove his Honda speed racer type.) So the rule is...as long as you make eye contact with the other driver its your right of way.?? P.s I almost died twice crossing the street
200 year old jade temple

Tons of little street vendors. These little fruits that she sold were a yummy treat on my bike ride. Tasted almost like a plum/cherry
Before I left the US we received an email from the tour promoter. "Dont drink the water, dont have drinks with ice" I guess i should have listened...but I didnt. I sucked down every delicious iced coffee, street sandwhich, fresh pho soup that I could find :)
.
My very sweet and helpful agents at the show.
Bob Closed that night with Watchtower and Like a Rolling Stone. Standing and watching the show that night, it felt surely and historic. Bob Dylan had such a voice during the Vietnam war and now here I was with the priceless opportunity to see him preform in old Saigon.

I loved Vietnam. I missed it when I left. I loved the humid weather. Something special radiates from the land. Its alive, its feels. Its hard to explain. The people were very kind. The food was very exotic and fun. I hope one day to take my family back for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment