Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

I hope everyone had a beautiful holiday weekend. We did! The weather was amazing. We even made it to the beach yesterday....reminding myself..Why don't I go more often!

The most meaningful part of the weekend was the Flag Placement we did at the Veterans Cemetery. A few girls from Hunters girls scout troop got together to help. By the end of the 2nd hour a flag had been placed on EVERY headstone. The place was filled with soldiers, girls scouts, boy scouts, sea scouts, ROTC, American heritage girls. Its quite surreal looking across acres of land and realizing that all these people gave their lives to their country.




Look at all the people in the background.


"I'm proud to be an American, were at least I know I'm free,
and I wont forgot the men who died and gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up, next to you and defend her still today.
Cause their ain't no doubt I love this land.
God Bless the USA"

No comments:

Post a Comment