Monday, June 7, 2010

Gnome it all...

Gnome went on the Blantons bourbon Tour



Gnome and a Kentunky fire truck


Gnome at some random hotel in lexington Kentucky


Weeee...



Tricky little gnomes…

Some of you may or may not know… that I have wanted a garden gnome. Some of you may or may not know that this “Want” started back in 2001…when I fist watch Amelie and I sincerely realized that I too needed a traveling friend. I mean who else would eat the wild mushrooms in my yard and keep my landscape happy?

Anyway…here we are in 2010 and last Saturday 29th MAY, I wake up and remember that I NEED TO FIND a garden gnome….and now. I think this same morning Dave realized how badly he NEEDED a Garden Gnome(were so alike) and so we set out on a mission. Let me tell you, we went to Osh, Armstrong, Home Depot, Garden Center, Boutiques…. Each stop the shop clerk would say, “Oh yes, We have gnomes” and point us in the right direction… “They should be by the glass mushrooms” or “over in the back corner by the water fountains”. Only to find…nothing! Not a gnome in site. This happened store after store. As we left the 6th store of the day.. Dave made a good point. “Michelle, We are going about this all wrong” Gnomes are tricky, you have to find them… You cant just go BUY a gnome. Of course! What was I thinking.

A day later Dave left for another scrap metal mission and I just put it out there…in case he crossed paths with any gnomes in the Midwest…to just go ahead an bring him on home. Meanwhile I searched online but there was just no chemistry…

What are the chances?

As Dave and Dave are making their way through Kentucky…they come across a once a year extravaganza. The 400 miles long yard sale, happens once a year, on two random days in June… Nice timing guys. As they are strolling down these massive yard sales that stretches from Illinois to Kentucky, they come across an unmistakable face in an unmistakable outfit.

Please say hello to my little friend.

I received a text last Friday with this picture. And like any proud gnome owner, I knew this one was meant for us! When you gnome...ya gnome, Like true love :) All it took was 9 years, a trip to Louisville, KY and $2.00 to find our mischievous garden friend.

Dave and our To Be Named gnome come home on the 12th JUN and I couldn’t be more excited... Looks like they are having a blast together...

And Yes... Dave and Dave are two big strong guys, in a 24ft truck, traveling through the east with a gnome in the cab of their truck. I personally couldnt think of anything more manly.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!! I love the travelocity gnome too! :-) So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, guess what? i just saw gnomes for sale the other day in a hardware store about 1/2 mile from our house :) the way you guys found yours is better though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a match made in Yard Sale Heaven. Looks like he, (the gnome) is having a great time. My garden totally needs one of those.

    ReplyDelete